Blodgett Landing is a section of Newbury, NH. It is one of the eleven major “landings” on Lake Sunapee. Blodgett’s was originally established as a church “Spiritualist” community in 1876. Spiritualists annual camp-meeting at Blodgett Landing were held in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s.
A fleet of steam ships took guests to the many hotels/inns that were located at the various landings from the late 1800's until the 1930's. This one is the "Wenonah" which burned to the waterline on the night of July 4th 1908 at Blodgett Landing.
There was a hotel and three boarding houses in Blodgett Landing. Here is the 1888 Forest House Inn brochure and a 1940’s brochure from the “Wa-See-Wic” boarding house.
An excellent article, Capturing the Spirit of Blodgett’s Landing can be found in the Spring 2011 Newsletter of the Newbury Historical Society.
An article, by John Greenwood, Blodgett’s Landing C.O.A. - The Early Years... can be found in the Summer 2011 issue of the SooNipi magazine.